The Student News Site of La Sierra High School

The Eagle's Quill Online

The Eagle's Quill Online

The Eagle's Quill Online

HOSA Trip to Anaheim Convention Center

Stepping Into Healthcare

Field trips provide a unique educational opportunity to those students that may attend. In a competitive field such as the medical field, any prior knowledge is considered an advantage. La Sierra offers multiple such as Health Academy and HOSA to help its students become successful in their future careers.

HOSA is an international student-led organization that promotes health careers. HOSA stands for Health Occupations Students of America . However what does it offer to the students of La Sierra?

“It’s an opportunity to explore a lot of things in the health field. You get to do competitions and test yourself but while you’re there you can also do workshops and learn about other things like mental health,” Walia Desamero (12) said.

Learning through experiences is the easiest and most efficient way to obtain new information. Students that attended this trip to the Anaheim Convention Center were able to listen to various  presentations. This helped them to find the best career fit to their interests.

“So there was this presentation about a medical innovation about people with autism and it encouraged working with others and it showed how well something like that can help kids with disabilities,” Desamero said.

After all the information that was presented to them, what did these students learn and think about the trip by the end of it?

“I learned about different leadership roles but it was a very fun trip, I would recommend going,” Jolin Li (10) said.

If you are considering joining a career in the medical field, HOSA is a great opportunity to participate in the experience of being in a medical career.