The Student News Site of La Sierra High School

The Eagle's Quill Online

The Eagle's Quill Online

The Eagle's Quill Online

Decorating Graduation Caps

How are students decorating their grad caps?

As we reach the end of the semester, seniors are being hit with lot of fun senior activities. The hard work of the last 4 years in academics and athletics is being shown by the caps and gowns at graduation. Seniors are allowed to decorate their caps with certain guidelines. Let’s see what some students are doing!

I asked Isabel Reyes (12) why she is decorating her cap and she said, “Yes I will be decorating my cap because I feel like its something meaningful to me and its nice to show my hard work onto something like my cap.”

While we are restricted to what we can put on our cap we are allowed to put a quote, graduation year, and a dedication to someone or something.

Students have the choice on what they get to put on their cap. Lucian Grajeda (12) says, “I plan to recreate a Hollywood star but with my name on it.”

The creativity is amazing! Whilist the designs may be cool to look at, they most definently have meaning.

“I wanted to show the things I love and have been a part of me throughout my life,” Juan Sanchez (12) said.

In conclusion, decorating grad caps is way more than design, they have meaning and tribute to something. Most of our La Sierra students will be partaking in the fun event!