The Student News Site of La Sierra High School

The Eagle's Quill Online

The Eagle's Quill Online

The Eagle's Quill Online

How to be AP Ready

With the 2023-2024 school year coming to an end and classes already being chosen, it’s time to decide if you really do want to take that AP class. If you do then this is the article for you! After talking to student Ashley T. who took the Advanced Placement Spanish Literature class and exam this year and myself taking AP Biology next year, I’ve decided to take the liberty to do research both online and in person via this interview to learn some good ways to study for AP exams; though keep in mind every class is different and some classes are harder than others. While researching online and studying for my own tests, I’ve learned that some good ways to help you study are starting from the beginning of the class and going over things you forgot, and studying with friends helps as long as you don’t get off task. Now to the interview, here are some things that helped Ashley study for her AP Spanish Lit exam:

Casillas: What are you doing to prepare for your exams?

Trancoso: To prepare we are doing many quizlets with the authors and the stories that they did the genre that they were in and we’re also doing progress checks in the college board website and that provides us with a bunch of questions and it helps us prepare for the exam 

Casillas: Do you do research outside of class?

Trancoso: Yeah we do for a couple assignments throughout the year and it just helps to learn about the authors more to help with the exam 

Casillas: When you study how long do you study for? 

Trancoso: An hour, if i can I’ll do more but I’ll do 20 minutes at a time so i don’t burn myself out  

Casillas: What are good ways to study for an AP exam?

Trancoso: One thing that helped me study for my exam was creating flashcards that had all the stories and their authors, as well as memorizing the six temas de literature and learning the recursos literarios.