The Student News Site of La Sierra High School

The Eagle's Quill Online

The Eagle's Quill Online

The Eagle's Quill Online

Prom King and Queen 2024

Introducing Your Prom King and Queen of 2024

Prom royalty is a year-long tradition where the  honorary titles are awarded to students elected in a school-wide vote prior to the prom. This year there were eight members of the prom court. Dayana Zuniga and Enrique Osornio Bueno are the 2024 prom queen and king. 

In order to have a chance of winning they needed to persuade the majority of students to vote for them.

“We made posters and we gave out small treats,” Dayana Zuniga (12) said.

Snacks and posters aren’t enough to help you win against six other highly competitive candidates. You need a team of people to constantly enforce you as the top candidates.

“I think what helped us win was making connections with a lot of people,” Zuinga said.

The rest of the candidates ran in pairs but all as friends. Dayana and Enrique had something that made them unique in comparison to them. 

“I think what made us stand out against our competition was that we were the only couple on the court,” Enrique Osornio Bueno (12) said.

After weeks of campaigning and putting all their effort towards this Dayana and Enrique were able to accomplish being Prom royalty.