The Student News Site of La Sierra High School

The Eagle's Quill Online

The Eagle's Quill Online

The Eagle's Quill Online

Diversity and Representation in School

Schools pave the way for a diverse future

Diversity brings together unique perspectives, experiences, and cultures. We’ll delve into the importance of embracing diversity. We can see how La Sierra Students create welcoming spaces for all.

Q. How do you think diversity is represented In our school?

Azlan Alam: “I think we have a lot of clubs on campus that help represent diversity. I know we have a black student union and MECHA, we also recently founded the Asian Student Union this school year and we’re hoping it continues to help promote diversity in the following years.”

La Sierra has different clubs for many different cultures. Students create an environment where students from different backgrounds feel valued and represented. This can be achieved through many strategies like promoting cultural awareness and acceptance. By embracing diversity in school we can create a more inclusive and improve educational experience for all students.

Q. How can we improve the way we show diversity in our School?

Mar’kia Picart-Washington: “We can improve by doing more events socially and locally like, especially for black history month we [could] have more posters or having it be more talked about in class.”