The Student News Site of La Sierra High School

The Eagle's Quill Online

The Eagle's Quill Online

The Eagle's Quill Online

Baseball Senior Night

“Don’t take this for granted; high school goes by really fast. Enjoy every minute of it, good and bad.” – Adam Lara (12)

For Seniors, the last year on the baseball team is a moving chapter in their athletic journey. It is a time filled with bittersweet moments, as they represent our varsity baseball team, striving to leave their mark on the field.

“Baseball has taught me a lot, especially how not to give up. When we play sometimes we’re up or sometimes we’re down; in those moments, we have to pull together and work as a team to get a win,” Jose Tinajero (12) said.

This year is about leadership, as they guide younger players and set an example of dedication and sportsmanship. They’re like the unofficial coaches for the younger players. It’s more than just playing well; it’s about showing them how to handle wins, losses, and everything in between. By showing up to practice with the right attitude, giving it their all during games, and even just sharing tips.

When asking two of the underclassmen if the upperclassmen have given them any advice or help,

Angel Carreon (10) said, “They all taught me new things and how to get better as a player,”

Jose Pena (11) also said, “One thing I learned is simple infield fundamentals and Miguel Soto (12), helped me fix little things in my fielding to help me get where I am today.”

One challenge for the seniors is the pressure to perform at their best and leave a lasting impact before transitioning to the next chapter of their lives, making each game and practice more meaningful. Seniors may encounter the challenge of balancing their responsibilities as leaders on the team while managing their academic work and future plans. It can be a time of reflection and growth as they navigate the emotions and responsibilities that come with being in their final year.

Wrapping up their last year on the baseball team, with emotions rising, nostalgic memories, and the bond that’s become like family. They carry with them the lessons of teamwork, perseverance, and competitions that have shaped their high school experience. The last game is more than a goodbye; it’s a celebration of their evolution as athletes and individuals, setting a standard for teams that will follow in their footsteps.

“Baseball has helped me grow as a person and man overall. It has helped me learn about the responsibilities and discipline I will need transitioning into adulthood,” Maddox Medina (12) said.

Seniors line up together, as they are getting ready to throw one final ball to their mothers.