The Student News Site of La Sierra High School

The Eagle's Quill Online

The Eagle's Quill Online

The Eagle's Quill Online

Opinions On School Lunch

What do students really think about school lunch?

School food is a very controversial topic for some. You may have heard that most students don’t like school food. But what do these La Sierra students actually think about school food?

La Sierra offers an Off Campus pass which allows students to leave for lunch to get any food they desire, while coming back to school on time. Students often go to fast-food places around La Sierra such as Raising Canes, Panda Express, Waba grill, and more.

While the underclassmen don’t have this privilege, what do they do for lunch? Bring their own, eat school lunch, or Doordash food.

“I get a cheese burger with ice cream when they have it,” Jacob Soto (9) said.

Most students at La Sierra like to get pizza in the school lunch line. It seems to be the crowd favorite. But once lunch rolls around there is a long line for both the pizza and the other food options. But what do students eat if they don’t eat school lunch. Most of La Sierra’s seniors go out for lunch. The main reason our students go out for lunch is the wide variety of options outside.

Parker Passalacqua (12) said, “The food outside is a little more filling.”

When asking another student why they like to go out, Eddie Roy (11) replied, “I feel like I get more choices and can pick what I want to eat.”

So maybe school food doesn’t have as many options as outside fast-food places. But going out on a daily basis can be expensive. So how much are these students spending on food a week?

“Definently over a hundred,” Jaelene Ceja (12) said.

These students really use their off campus privilege! Since school food is a love or hate relationship, depending on the student, how do our students want our school lunch culture to change.

Jaelene Ceja (12) said, “I would probably change the packaged lunch and make it all pizza.”

In conclusion, our school has a wide variety of options for lunch. Ranging from packaged lunch, to Pizza Hut pizza, and even an off campus option for our juniors and seniors.